This past year has been tremendous in terms of growth, positive marketplace feedback and product evolution. The Canoe platform is transforming the way middle and back office teams operate by automating the end-to-end operations workflow beginning with document ingestion and categorization and continuing through data extraction, validation and delivery.
Our partners’ feedback guides our product focus as the team continues to enhance each step of the workflow, from document ingestion and categorization to data extraction, validation and delivery, with a client-first mentality.
This article highlights the progress made within each of these workflow pillars. From a simpler document ingestion interface and custom document naming, to expanded downstream connectivity and a document API, many of the highlights we discuss in this newsletter had their roots in discussions with our users.
Optimize Your Time with Even Faster Bulk Uploads
- New document upload engine simplifies the bulk document ingestion process
- Automatically recognizes and categorizes successfully uploaded documents and those with exceptions
Automate and Standardize Your Document Name Format Creation with Ease
- Ability to customize your ideal Document Name format to include Investment Name, Document Type and Date
- Improved settings workflow with configurable columns for easy updates
Even More Intelligent Data Learning and Mapping
- Improved ability to learn complex tables and dynamic values spanning multiple lines
- Simplified data mapping model for configuring new or existing entities, entity aliases, and related investments
Instant Validation of Document Data Elements
- Revamped the functionality and user experience of the technology’s learning and validation interface
- Expanded Canoe’s Data Library across document types
5 Data Delivery Export Options and 4 More in the Works
- Expanded downstream data delivery capabilities to include Tamarac and Investment Metrics, in addition to Addepar, Black Diamond and Solovis.
- Partnering with clients to build downstream delivery for AltaReturn, Archway, Investran (FIS) and Novus
- Introduced a beta version of Canoe’s Document and Data API
Future Initiatives and Expected Progress
Looking ahead, we will continue to focus on our mission to eliminate the manual pain points associated with reporting on alternative investments. More specifically, this means executing on strategic product initiatives related to intelligently processing an expanding universe of document types, automating workflows for more teams within our partners’ organizations, and enabling 3rd party connectivity for further automation around data delivery and document collection. These efforts will materially enhance how our clients interact with Canoe and manage their workflows today.
We’re excited about what the future has in store and would like to thank you for your continued support as we keep paddling towards a new, automated, smarter era in data operations.