TITLE: Financial Application Developer
Canoe has created a new era in data operations. We are the first technology that automates highly frustrating, time-consuming, and costly manual workflows related to alternative investments and complex portfolios. Our proprietary SaaS-based technology intelligently recognizes, validates and reads unstructured investment data across asset classes, ownership structures and document types. With Canoe, our clients have smart, streamlined, and trusted data at their fingertips, enabling them to focus on what really matters. We offer a ground floor opportunity to join a team and the ability for you to share in our future success.
- A vital role in a rapidly-growing technology company with a great culture.
- Ground floor opportunity to build out processes that makes an impact on a daily basis.
- Exposure to product management, asset management, business strategy and software engineering concepts.
- Stable funding base along with competitive salary and benefits.
- 1 or more years of web applications development experience
- PHP and/or Python development and architecture
- Familiar with OOP, MVC, and commonly used design patterns
- Familiar with SQL and relational databases
- Comfortable with continuous integration, automated testing, source control, and other DevOps methodologies
- Comfortable with AWS and Linux
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN PEOPLE:
- Integrity that adheres to, and encourages, high professional and personal standards.
- Execution and accountability driven mentality that takes pride in getting the job done accurately in a timely fashion.
- Intellectual curiosity, a mind for process and a drive for continual improvement.
- Demonstrated passion for problem solving, a desire to help people and a client-centric focus.
- A comfort level with both giving and receiving respectful constructive critical feedback.
- Positive relationship with change; showing an ability to adapt while staying focused on larger goals.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- The ability to identify and articulate goals and measurements for your and others’ success.
- Our candidate discovery process generally constitutes the following key milestones: Phone Interview, In Person Interview(s), Project then subsequent discussions when needed.
- Canoe is not able to sponsor foreign nationals for a work visa at this time. However, if you are a foreign national who is authorized to work in the US, we encourage you to apply.