TITLE: Business Development Director
Canoe has created a new era in data operations. We are the first technology that automates highly frustrating, time-consuming, and costly manual workflows related to alternative investments and complex portfolios. Our proprietary SaaS-based technology intelligently recognizes, validates and reads unstructured investment data across asset classes, ownership structures and document types. With Canoe, our clients have smart, streamlined, and trusted data at their fingertips, enabling them to focus on what really matters.
Canoe is looking for a Business Development Director to accelerate growth in four key areas:
- Direct product connectivity with third-party portal providers and fund administrators (e.g. eFront, Citco).
- Direct product connectivity with third-party performance reporting and accounting software (e.g. Addepar, Investment Metrics).
- Relationship management and expanded footprint within existing Channel and Enterprise Partners.
- New Channel Partner acquisition.
You will play a significant role in establishing and monetizing new relationships and channels benefiting current and existing clients. You will report directly to the Chief Revenue Officer, and will work closely with Sales, Product, Client, and Marketing.
- Drive revenue growth by establishing new Channel and Enterprise relationships, and growing existing engagements.
- Enhance product functionality and product experience through direct integrations with upstream and downstream vendors.
- Work with Product team to ensure necessary compatibility is prioritized and developed; articulating Product requirements and infrastructure to relevant external constituents.
- Rapidly build a significant network of portal and administrator connections, prioritizing API connections to automate document collection.
- Manage existing Channel and Enterprise relationships to foster growth; work with these firms to provide product demonstrations to their clients and sales enablement materials in order to help them drive growth into their client segments.
- Build and manage the Channel pipeline from lead generation through to deal closing.
- Evangelize Canoe in the marketplace and, alongside the CRO, create and execute a marketing and go-to-market strategy with Service Providers, Portals, Administrators, and Custodians.
- Lead sales pitches and delivering product demos to all seniority levels within a potential partner’s organization.
- Liaise with Marketing team to cultivate leads and build campaigns within strategic areas of focus.
- Ensure CRM is up to date with relevant notes, contact details, and pertinent information.
- Positive attitude, high-energy approach, tireless work ethic.
- Excellent communication, project management, and organization skills.
- Familiarity with the Institutional Investment, Advisory, Allocator, and Administrator space, and the relevant players, technologies and firms within the community.
- Demonstrated ability to build Channel sales operations and grow firm revenues as a result of partnerships established.
- Desire to work in a fast-growing, client-facing and revenue-generating role, with significant autonomy.
- Interest in financial technology software and the financial services industry.
- 6-10 years of work experience.
Canoe is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Integrity that adheres to, and encourages, high professional and personal standards.
- Execution and accountability-driven mentality that takes pride in getting the job done.
- Intellectual curiosity, a mind for process and a drive for continual improvement.
- Demonstrated passion for problem solving, a desire to help people and a client-centric focus.
- A comfort level with both giving and receiving respectful constructive critical feedback.
- The ability to identify and articulate goals and measurements for your and others’ success.
- Our candidate discovery process generally constitutes the following key milestones: Phone Interview, Aptitude Test, In Person Interview(s), and a 30/60/90 Plan.
- Canoe is not able to sponsor foreign nationals for a work visa at this time. However, if you are a foreign national who is authorized to work in the US, we encourage you to apply.