TITLE: Data Solutions Intern
START DATE: May or June 2019
Canoe has created a new era in data operations. We are the first technology that automates highly frustrating, time-consuming, and costly manual workflows related to alternative investments and complex portfolios. Our proprietary SaaS-based technology intelligently recognizes, validates and reads unstructured investment data across asset classes, ownership structures and document types. With Canoe, our clients have smart, streamlined, and trusted data at their fingertips, enabling them to focus on what really matters. We offer a ground floor opportunity to join a team and the ability for you to share in our future success.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Canoe is looking for a Summer Intern to support Canoe’s client service and data onboarding efforts. This will be a full-time summer internship.
- Exposure to alternative investments, natural language processing, client management, and product development.
- Opportunity to work with a team that makes an impact on daily basis.
- Competitive compensation.
- Flexible hours and supportive work environment.
- Execute internal processes, be a dependable, accurate and efficient data solutions resource to the team and demonstrate an understanding of various investment vehicles and asset types within the alternative investments space.
- Support new client onboardings by demonstrating organization, communication, project management and execution skills.
- Identify and differentiate between a diverse array of investment types within the alternative investments space including Private Equity Funds, Hedge Funds etc.
- Review documents received in various formats and standardize their processing.
- Help refine existing client management processes and documentation to drive successful long‐term partnerships, reduce onboarding time, increase adoption and enrich the client experience.
- Assist team with ad‐hoc projects relating to client management, product development and sales.
BACKGROUND AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum 3.40 cumulative GPA.
- Current enrollment in an accredited College/University, with an expected graduation date in 2020, 2021 or 2022.
- Basic familiarity with Hedge Funds and Private Equity terminology is preferred.
- Financial services and/or financial technology software interest is preferred.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without requiring any sponsorship for employment visa (e.g. H1‐B status) now or in the future. No OPT extensions.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN PEOPLE:
- Integrity that adheres to, and encourages, high professional and personal standards.
- Elite attention to detail, organization and time management skills.
- Execution and accountability driven mentality that takes pride in getting the job done accurately in a timely fashion.
- Intellectual curiosity, intelligence and drive to go above‐and‐ beyond to succeed.
- A passion for identifying patterns in data, learning new things quickly and thinking logically.
- Good communication skills, enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- An ability to work efficiently and effectively in a team environment.
- A mind for process and a drive for continual improvement.
- Resume screen, phone interview, in person interview.
- Canoe does not provide any form of housing or transportation reimbursement.
- Canoe is not able to sponsor foreign nationals for a work visa at this time. However, if you are a foreign national who is authorized to work in the US, we encourage you to apply.