TITLE: Director of Product
Canoe has created a new era in data operations. We are the first technology that automates highly frustrating, time-consuming, and costly manual workflows related to alternative investments and complex portfolios. Our proprietary SaaS-based technology intelligently recognizes, validates and reads unstructured investment data across asset classes, ownership structures and document types. With Canoe, our clients have smart, streamlined, and trusted data at their fingertips, enabling them to focus on what really matters.
Canoe is looking for a leader to oversee our Product Development efforts. You will develop, champion, and execute an exciting product vision, strategy, and roadmap that achieves the goals of Canoe and its clients and be given the freedom to shape and shepherd Canoe’s product evolution through a period of hyper growth. You will report directly to the CEO.
- Lead product development efforts across the product lifecycle from ideation, design, and team buy in to testing, to release.
- Manage, mentor and grow a team of Product Managers, Developers, and Designers while establishing trust and cultivating an execution driven, client-centric culture.
- Work closely with our executive leadership to define product strategy and build commercially impactful roadmaps based on feedback gathered from customers, product usage, cross-functional teams, and competitive research.
- Imbue Product and Development teams with client-centric mindset fostering their ability to understand and clearly articulate client pain points.
- Transform product ideas from data informed insights into actionable concepts and project plans while balancing cost, commercial impact, and business objectives.
- Build relationships and credibility internally through hard work, good decision making, and the ability to converse with facts and logic.
- Engage directly with clients through phone calls, on-site visits, and strategic client roundtables to understand pain points, use cases, and top feature requests
- Partner with Sales and Marketing to execute a strategic product marketing plan optimized for engagement, education, and brand awareness.
- Identify and implement process improvements and best practices that will be adopted and have a positive team wide impact
- Use data and tooling to analyze, monitor, and report on user engagement metrics, and product workflow updates.
- Proven leader with a demonstrated ability to manage teams.
- Established history of building and shipping features on time.
- Sound judgment and ability to make decisions independently.
- Elite organization, time management, and written/verbal communication skills.
- Experience working on B2B enterprise software.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with prior experience in fast paced, start-up environments.
- Financial Services experience, familiarity with Private Equity and Hedge Funds terminology is a plus.
- 7+ years of work experience in a product related role.
- Integrity that adheres to, and encourages, high professional and personal standards.
- Execution and accountability-driven mentality that takes pride in getting the job done.
- Intellectual curiosity, a mind for process and a drive for continual improvement.
- Demonstrated passion for problem solving, a desire to help people and a client-centric focus.
- A comfort level with both giving and receiving respectful constructive critical feedback.
- The ability to identify and articulate goals and measurements for your and others’ success.
- Our candidate discovery process generally constitutes the following key milestones: Phone Interview,, In Person Interview(s), and Small Project.
- Canoe is not able to sponsor foreign nationals for a work visa at this time (No OPT extensions). However, if you are a foreign national who is authorized to work in the US, we encourage you to apply.