TITLE: Head of Talent
Canoe has created a new era in data operations. We are the first technology that automates highly frustrating, time-consuming, and costly manual workflows related to alternative investments and complex portfolios. Our proprietary SaaS-based technology intelligently recognizes, validates and reads unstructured investment data across asset classes, ownership structures and document types. With Canoe, our clients have smart, streamlined, and trusted data at their fingertips, enabling them to focus on what really matters. We offer a ground floor opportunity to join a team and the ability for you to share in our future success.
Canoe is looking for a capable and resourceful professional to join our team as Director of Talent and implement efficient processes to drive recruitment and retention of the most amazing people across Engineering, Sales, Client & Product Development, and Business Operations.
- A vital role in a rapidly-growing technology company with a great culture.
- Ground floor opportunity to build out processes that makes an impact on a daily basis.
- Exposure to product management, asset management, business strategy and software engineering concepts.
- Stable funding base along with competitive salary and benefits.
- Set and execute the vision for the recruitment and retention of professionals.
- Select and implement applicant tracking system.
- Manage end-to-end talent searches.
- Implement innovative techniques to identify, assess, present and make recommendations on candidates.
- Develop pipeline of candidates and maintain healthy relationships for current and future opportunities.
- Work with other team members to prioritize hiring need.
- Coordinate preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual reports outlining search status across the Firm.
- Create succinct and impactful framework that fosters continuous employee feedback, communication, and professional development.
- Create and manage process to smoothly onboard and offboard professionals.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Interest in financial technology software and the financial services industry is a plus.
- About 3 to 6 years of talent acquisitions experience.
- Experience working in a growing start up environment strongly preferred.
- Recent experience scaling teams from inception through high growth.
- Experience within a SaaS business prefered.
- BA/BS required
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without requiring any sponsorship for employment visa (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future. No OPT extensions.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN PEOPLE:
- Integrity that adheres to, and encourages, high professional and personal standards.
- Execution and accountability driven mentality that takes pride in getting the job done accurately in a timely fashion.
- Zeal for the details.
- Intellectual curiosity, a mind for process and a drive for continual improvement.
- Demonstrated passion for problem solving, a desire to help people and a client-centric focus.
- A comfort level with both giving and receiving respectful constructive critical feedback.
- Positive relationship with change; showing an ability to adapt while staying focused on larger goals.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- The ability to identify and articulate goals and measurements for your and others’ success.
- Our candidate discovery process generally constitutes the following key milestones: Phone Interview, In Person Interview(s), Project then subsequent discussions when needed.
- Canoe is not able to sponsor foreign nationals for a work visa at this time. However, if you are a foreign national who is authorized to work in the US, we encourage you to apply.