TITLE: Marketing & PR Associate
Canoe has created a new era in data operations. We are the first technology that automates highly frustrating, time-consuming, and costly manual workflows related to alternative investments and complex portfolios. Our proprietary SaaS-based technology intelligently recognizes, validates and reads unstructured investment data across asset classes, ownership structures and document types. With Canoe, our clients have smart, streamlined, and trusted data at their fingertips, enabling them to focus on what really matters. We offer a ground floor opportunity to join a team and the ability for you to share in our future success.
Canoe is looking for a creative and driven Marketing and PR Associate to evangelize our vision as we continue to create our category. You will work with key executives to establish our external brand, build credibility in the marketplace, and support the Sales and Client teams in driving revenue growth. You will coordinate with Commercial and Product teams to increase inbound lead volume and optimize external messaging. You will have a unique opportunity to play a crucial role in bringing our business out of stealth mode, establishing a strong market presence, and accelerating client growth.
- A critical seat at the table in establishing the brand of a rapidly-growing technology company with a great culture.
- Ground floor opportunity to join a growing team that makes an impact on a daily basis.
- An opportunity to develop expertise in alternative investments.
- Exposure to product management, asset management, business strategy and software engineering concepts.
- Stable funding base along with competitive salary and benefits.
- Designing comprehensive product and content marketing strategies and implementing campaigns across various distribution channels
- Refining corporate website and continuing to manage and enhance messaging to optimize for lead generation and SEO
- Drafting and distributing press releases around business milestones; establishing press relationships at key publications
- Liaising with Head of Sales to establish lead scoring, rapidly accelerate lead generation, and automate CRM management
- Gathering and analyzing prospective client behavior to refine external messaging and marketing strategy
- Diligently tracking campaign efforts and inbound lead volumes to generate marketing and sales metric reports
- Standardizing marketing and client collateral to support Sales and Client teams
- Working with Head of Product to institutionalize product release communication and collateral
- Coordinating with Sales and Client teams to plan industry events with clients and prospects
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Desire to work in a role with significant autonomy but with high expectations
- Interest in bringing creative thought to a rapidly growing startup in the Fintech industry
- Experience with SEO campaigns and/or Content Marketing strategies
- Familiarity with Private Equity and Hedge Funds terminology.
- 1-3 years of work experience.
- BA/BS or equivalent experience.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without requiring any sponsorship for employment visa (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future. No OPT extensions.
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN PEOPLE:
- Integrity that adheres to, and encourages, high professional and personal standards.
- Execution and accountability driven mentality that takes pride in getting the job done accurately in a timely fashion.
- Intellectual curiosity, a mind for process and a drive for continual improvement.
- Demonstrated passion for problem solving, a desire to help people and a client-centric focus.
- A comfort level with both giving and receiving respectful constructive critical feedback.
- Positive relationship with change; showing an ability to adapt while staying focused on larger goals.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- The ability to identify and articulate goals and measurements for your and others’ success.
- Our candidate discovery process generally constitutes the following key milestones: Phone Interview, In Person Interview(s), Project then subsequent discussions when needed.
- Canoe is not able to sponsor foreign nationals for a work visa at this time. However, if you are a foreign national who is authorized to work in the US, we encourage you to apply.