TITLE: Sales Executive
Canoe has created a new era in data operations. We are the first technology that automates highly frustrating, time-consuming, and costly manual workflows related to alternative investments and complex portfolios. Our proprietary SaaS-based technology intelligently recognizes, validates and reads unstructured investment data across asset classes, ownership structures and document types. With Canoe, our clients have smart, streamlined, and trusted data at their fingertips, enabling them to focus on what really matters.
Canoe is looking for a Sales Executive to drive client acquisition and revenue growth. You will report directly to the Chief Revenue Officer and will be tasked with rapidly accelerating pipeline growth, evangelizing Canoe’s value proposition to the marketplace, and owning the entire open-to-close sales process. You will play a crucial role in growing and scaling the business.
- Drive revenue growth through new client acquisition.
- Identify, prospect, and close new clients across various segments in line with sales targets and company KPIs.
- Build and manage the sales pipeline from lead generation through to deal closing.
- Evangelize Canoe in the marketplace and, alongside the CRO, create and execute a go-to-market strategy across 10 client segments.
- Lead sales pitches and deliver product demos to all seniority levels within a potential client’s organization.
- Work with Marketing team to cultivate leads and build campaigns within strategic areas of focus.
- Work with Client teams to manage Proofs of Concept and design relevant onboarding plans for new clients.
- Ensure CRM is up to date with relevant notes.
- Set, manage, and communicate prospective client expectations – both internally, and externally with Client and Product teams.
- Positive attitude, high-energy approach, tireless work ethic.
- Excellent communication and organization skills.
- Experience building and managing a sales pipeline in the FinTech space, preferably selling into allocators, institutional investment, and asset servicing firms.
- Demonstrated ability to meet or exceed sales targets in the SaaS technology space, while independently managing all stages of the sales cycle.
- Background in various Client-facing roles: ideally Solutions Consulting, Sales Engineering, or Relationship Management experience prior to Sales roles.
- Strong deal-negotiating skills.
- Desire to work in a revenue-generating role with unlimited sales upside.
- Understanding of the allocator community and alternative investment themes a plus.
- 6-10 years of work experience.
Canoe is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.
- Integrity that adheres to, and encourages, high professional and personal standards.
- Execution and accountability-driven mentality that takes pride in getting the job done.
- Intellectual curiosity, a mind for process and a drive for continual improvement.
- Demonstrated passion for problem solving, a desire to help people and a client-centric focus.
- A comfort level with both giving and receiving respectful constructive critical feedback.
- The ability to identify and articulate goals and measurements for your and others’ success.
- Our candidate discovery process generally constitutes the following key milestones: Phone Interview, Aptitude Test, In Person Interview(s), and a 30/60/90 Plan.
- Canoe is not able to sponsor foreign nationals for a work visa at this time. However, if you are a foreign national who is authorized to work in the US, we encourage you to apply.