TITLE: Senior Sales Executive
Canoe has created a new era in data operations. We are the first technology that automates highly frustrating, time-consuming, and costly manual workflows related to alternative investments and complex portfolios. Our proprietary SaaS-based technology intelligently recognizes, validates and reads unstructured investment data across asset classes, ownership structures and document types. With Canoe, our clients have smart, streamlined, and trusted data at their fingertips, enabling them to focus on what really matters. We offer a ground floor opportunity to join a team and the ability for you to share in our future success.
Our Senior Sales Executive will be critical in driving revenue growth through new client acquisition within large-scale, enterprise, strategic client segments. As a key member of the Sales team you will report to the Head of Sales and will accelerate pipeline growth in key strategic segments, explore product and channel partnerships with strategic peers, promote Canoe’s value proposition to the C-Level players in the marketplace, and own the entire lifecycle sales process from introduction to close.
Having experience in syndicated sales (SaaS) and data products as well as a track record of selling into the Investment Management and allocator space will be key to success in this position. The ideal candidate will have consistently exceeded revenue targets, established contacts in the Investment Management industry, and a desire to be an individual contributor and team leader.
This position provides growth opportunities for motivated individuals who want to lead ground-breaking financial technology solutions.
MISSION CRITICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Articulate and execute an effective sales strategy for Canoe’s marketplace solutions
- Leverage existing client relationships and networks to create a quality pipeline or prospective clients and partnership opportunities
- Consistently close new business at or above quota level
- Manage all phases of the sales lifecycle including prospecting and developing leads
- Ability to develop client appropriate value propositions
- Knowledge of financial deal structuring and comfort in contract negotiation
- Work collaboratively with internal stakeholders in Marketing, Client Success, Product, and Technology
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Serve as a brand enthusiast for Canoe’s products and solutions
- Ideate and iterate on existing Canoe processes, reporting, and collateral, with a critical eye as we continue to grow
- High energy, optimistic and highly motivated professionals with excellent communication, presentation, interpersonal and time management skills
- Knowledge of alternative investments, investment management, family office, and allocator industries, complex portfolios, Private Equity and Hedge Funds terminology
- Track record of success with financial technology software SaaS platform sales preferred
- Proven ability to build client relationships, develop trust and understand clients’ pain points
- (years to be adjusted with years of work experience in a client facing role per title)
- BA/BS. Post-graduate degree in related field a plus
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without requiring any sponsorship for employment visa (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future. No OPT extensions
- High professional and personal standards
- Execution and accountability driven mentality, and someone who takes pride in getting the job done accurately in a timely fashion
- Intellectual curiosity, a mind for process, a love of data and a passion for problem solving
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment
Canoe is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.