TITLE: UX Designer
COMPANY DESCRIPTION: Canoe has created a new era in data operations. We are the first technology that automates highly frustrating, time-consuming, and costly manual workflows related to alternative investments and complex portfolios. Our proprietary SaaS-based technology intelligently recognizes, validates and reads unstructured investment data across asset classes, ownership structures and document types. With Canoe, our clients have smart, streamlined, and trusted data at their fingertips, enabling them to focus on what really matters. We offer a ground floor opportunity to join a team and the ability for you to share in our future success.
JOB DESCRIPTION: You will play a key role in envisioning user behavior and contributing to the creative, iterative process of user experience design at Canoe. As a UX Consultant, you’ll partner with Engineering and Product to uncover user insights, anticipate users needs, and create elegant solutions to help clients take control of their data. You will be successful in this role if you are passionate about behavioral design, analytically minded and empathetic.
MISSION CRITICAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work with visual designers, product managers and client facing teams to uncover user insights and understand behavior to optimize the user experience on Canoe’s SaaS platform.
- Contribute to the product development process through clickable prototypes, intuitive renderings and behavioral design expertise.
- Review, critique and refine Canoe’s product design principles and best practices.
- Thrive in an Agile environment to bring ideas to life in a timely fashion.
- Present concepts visually and verbally across teams, and efficiently incorporate feedback into future iterations.
- Make a positive impact on the team by demonstrating passion for data-driven design thinking to create first-class user experiences.
- 3+ years of relevant UX design experience.
- Strong design portfolio.
- Analytical and data-driven mindset towards user experience design.
- Understanding of user research methodology, human behavior, and/ or behavioral psychology.
- Demonstrated ability to translate user insights, design theory, and business goals into logical design decisions.
- Ability to design both high-level and detailed user-flows, prototypes, mockups, and interactions.
- Experience collaborating with engineers and product managers in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and an obsession with creating user-centered experiences.
- Financial Services familiarity is a plus.
- High professional and personal standards.
- Hands-on and accountability driven mentality that takes pride in getting the job done accurately in a timely fashion.
- Intellectual curiosity, a mind for process, a love of data and a passion for problem solving.
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment.
- A comfort level with both giving and receiving respectful constructive critical feedback.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without requiring any sponsorship for employment visa (e.g. H1-B status) now or in the future. No OPT extensions.
Please send resumes and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Canoe is an equal opportunity employer. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or discharge, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law.